Coworking Spaces are professional offices whose doors are open to single-time or recurring users who are not technically part of the organization that owns the space. With all kinds of Coworking Spaces available on the market, and all kinds of memberships offered by the companies that operate them, there seems to be over-flooding of Coworking Spaces out there.. but no! In reality, it seems that the demand has not been met yet by the supply of the Coworking offices that are already available, and this demand is driving supply to increase, resulting in immense growth of Coworking trend.
–Image above is of DeckLab Coworking —
Coworking caters to all kinds of users: from freelancers to startups to corporate workers, each group seemingly having its unique needs that may differ from their counterparts. Interestingly, a Coworking survey shows some curious facts about the preferences of Coworkers that share Coworking Spaces, and they seem to all fall in line when compared against one another.
The first five reasons why people are prefer Coworking over a traditional office environment are:
- A socially enjoyable atmosphere
- Interpersonal interaction with others
- A strong sense of Community
- Freedom to choose a suitable location
- Opportunity to network with like –minded people
The first five dislikes that were mentioned by Coworking Office visitors in the survey are:
- Excessive amount of noise due to open space concept.
- Lack of interaction in certain Coworking settings
- Lack of privacy – again, due to the fact that it’s an open space.
- Bad internet connection – this is interesting, because nearly all Coworking locations advertise their “blazing speed wifi”.
- Not able to focus – well, this does not warrant a discussion here either J
As we can see from these survey results, the most important and enjoyable aspect of Coworking is its atmosphere which opens a lot of opportunities to a small companies on the market. People are looking for more comfortable places to spend their time efficiently, and the more comfort a Coworking Location can provide, coupled with friendly atmosphere and lots of networking opportunities, the more popular it will be.
Coworking creates a new culture, a new way of collaboration and opportunities. Flexible, agile, self-oriented and personal spaces are available with different options and in different locations.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE ABOUT COWORKING?